Saturday, March 3, 2012

First post:
I'm not much of a writer. I've been told that I write well, no doubt thanks to the training of my high school English teachers, and in spite of my disdain for writing essays. But words usually don't come to me quickly, and it can take a long time for me to put thoughts in writing. At this season in life, with two children in high school and one in college, I don't have a lot of spare time. Yet I find myself thinking more philosophically than ever before, and wanting to write down thoughts if for no other reason than to help me work through them myself. So once in a blue moon maybe I'll find time to write down what I'm thinking.

The blog title comes from the Kansas song of the same name. Here's an excerpt from the song lyrics:

On a crystal morning I can see the dewdrops falling
Down from a gleaming heaven, I can hear the voices call
When you comin' home now, son, the World is not for you
Tell me what's you point of view
Hey there Mister Madman, wat'cha know that I don't know
Tell me some crazy stories, let me know who runs this show
Glassy-eyed and laughing, he turns and walks away
Tell me what made you that way

Here I am just waiting for a sign
Asking questions, learning all the time
It's always here, it's always there
It's just love, and miracles out of nowhere
These lyrics have resonated with me for a long time. I've always been driven by learning something new. And the more I learn, the more I realize there is to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment